Single sign-on benefits both the organization itself and its users. For the user, this saves time when connecting and avoids the issue of creating different passwords. For the organization, this simplifies the management of access and permissions. Whether it is a new employee or when one is leaving, only one action is necessary to add or remove access since it is all centralized in the same place. This limits data leakage, since no access outside the main system is possible. When an employee leaves, it is no longer possible to access any accounts that were controlled by the identity provider once they are disconnected.
SSO also allows the customer to apply their own security rules for user authentication to the Dialog Insight platform. This means, for example, that the client controls password rules (repetitive connection errors, account blocking, etc.), connection compliance rules (working hours, place of work, connection from authorized workstations, etc.) and multi-factor authentication mechanisms (biometrics, authentication applications, etc.)
The benefits in a nutshell
- Better user experience: Faster login, no forgetting password or typing;
- Simplifies password management: Login to different services and applications using a single login, avoids having to create multiple passwords;
- Simplifies access and permissions management: Saves time, everything is controlled in one place;
- Allows you to apply your own security rules: Password rules, connection compliance rules, multi-factor authentication mechanisms;
- Strengthens data security: Avoids repetition of the same password for different accounts, restricts access to data outside the main system;
- Increased Compliance: Enables better data privacy, as user data is not shared to the service provider.